Benefits of Joining the Guild
Joining the Guild of Food Writers has benefits that can last the length of your career as a food writer or broadcaster.
When you become a member, you will have:
— The chance to seek advice on professional matters at a reasonable cost via services arranged by
- Access to the online Food Forum, a lively debating chamber in which members share their considerable knowledge on everything from dealing with publishers to how to stop tofu falling off kebab skewers.
- A listing in the Annual Directory of Members, which is both a showcase of our members' varied talents, and a comprehensive contacts bible listing areas of expertise.
- Regular invitations to fascinating food workshops, and events such as our annual Awards and Autumn Event.
- Access to the Guild's publications, such as our monthly online newsletters.
- The chance to get involved in the Guild's many activities - and have a say in how we are run - by standing for election to the committee
- An opportunity to attend the annual New Members' Lunch, a chance to break bread with members old and new.
- Access to our password-protected Members' Area on this site, which contains all sorts of goodies not available on the public side of the site, such as:
our Professional Issues Secretary, who organises regular pay surveys
— Access to details of discounts, some considerable, offered to GFW members, by various
companies and organizations
— Details of members who offer accommodation to other members in London and other parts
of the country
— Details of our Benevolent Fund and Bursaries offered by the Guild.
FEATURED MEMBERS' PUBLICATIONS