The Guild of Food Writers is the professional association of food writers and broadcasters in the United Kingdom. Established in 1984, it now has around 425 authors, broadcasters, columnists and journalists among its members.
Guild members at a Workshop on Pop-Up Restaurants at Pip's Barn on 10 May 2012
- brings together professional food journalists, broadcasters and authors, both at Guild events and via the internet;
- compiles a comprehensive and detailed Directory of Members;
- broadens the range of members’ knowledge and experience:
— by arranging discussions, forums, comparative tastings and visits, including an annual autumn event that can take many forms and monthly workshops (see Events
— by publishing monthly newsletters;
- encourages the development of new writers by every means, including competitions and Annual Awards for Food Writing and Broadcasting;
- contributes to the growth of public interest in, and knowledge of, the subject of food, including running an annual children’s cooking competition, CookIt, and an annual young people's food writing competition, WriteIt;
- offers professional support and guidance to its members.
The Guild is always keen to welcome new members (see Joining the Guild
You can follow the Guild on twitter at @GuildFoodWriter
We actively try to promote our members’ activities as well as our major events such as the Awards. Many PRs and book publishers as well as many of our members use Twitter. Please follow us and send us messages by including @ GuildFoodWriter in your tweet.
For further information contact the Administrator, Jonathan Woods by email to email@example.com
or by telephone on 020 8659 0422.